Note: This is archived info from the original website for the Friends of Dicken Woods. 
It was written when the Friends were in the process of saving DW

Saving Dicken Woods

How to Help - Writing Letters

Contact information is provided below for writing letters to the Ann Arbor City Council, the Ann Arbor Planning Commission, and the Editor of the Ann Arbor News.

Contacting the Mayor and City Council

When e-mailing the Mayor and/or Council members, please include your telephone number and address to facilitate an appropriate response. You can also call the Council Message Line at 994-3313 to leave a message for your council member, or to speak with someone immediately, call (734) 994-2766 or fax (734) 332-5966

City Council - WARD 1
City Council - WARD 2
City Council - WARD 3
City Council - WARD 4
City Council - WARD 5

Contacting the Ann Arbor Planning Department and Planning Commission

  • You can contact any Planning Commissioners, or Planning Department staff, via the Planning Department contact info below:

    • Planning Department
      100 N. Fifth Ave.
      P.O. Box 8647
      Ann Arbor, MI 48107
      Phone: (734) 994-2800
      Fax: (734) 994-2798
      Email: planning @

Term Ends
Sandra Arlinghaus, Chair
Braxton Blake
Jean Carlberg
Kristen Gibbs
Christopher Graham
William Hanson
Kevin McDonald, Vice Chair
Steve Thorp
Scott Wade, Secretary

Letters to the Editor, Ann Arbor News

  • Letters to the Editor should be fewer than 250 words, although the News also publishes longer letters under the 'Other Voices' section. Letters must include the author's full name, address and a daytime telephone number.

  • You can submit a letter to the Editor of the Ann Arbor News by any of the following means: